"The more you trust and rely upon the spirit the greater your capacity to create!" - Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. As I increase my capacity to create, I would like to share what I am learning and how I am growing! I am a "spirit daughter of the most creative being in the universe", so I am learning now that I can create!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wedding clothes and treats!

This past summer I was able to spend all summer creating with my mom and sisters!  I didn't get many pictures but I can share a few things that we did!

My new sister in law's family is quite crafty and had amazing ideas for wedding clothing.  They gave my mom a pattern and all the fabric for these skirts and my mom, sisters, and I went about sewing them up!  They ended up being adorable!
We also made the bow ties for the little guys (you can't really see them)....
and sewing the gold ties on the girls dresses!

We also made all the food for the wedding!  All of the food tasted soooo goood!!!Here are some links to recipes we used!
Key lime cupcakes  (Soooo yummy! We added a little coconut extract in the frosting....amazing)
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes (Also amazing!)
Oreo, Coconut, Raspberry, and Almond Truffles (You can pretty much do any extract you want with whatever topping you want!)  
We also made Spinach Puffs and Sandwich Wraps that were from the "Lion House Entertaining" cookbook, and White Chocolate coconut cheesecake from the "Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cookbook."  



No comments:

Post a Comment