"The more you trust and rely upon the spirit the greater your capacity to create!" - Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. As I increase my capacity to create, I would like to share what I am learning and how I am growing! I am a "spirit daughter of the most creative being in the universe", so I am learning now that I can create!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mickey Mouse Birthday Party!

The Mickey Mouse party came and went - so now I have time to blog about all the things I created for the party!  I didn't get a good picture of how it all came together but it was really cute and the little man was really happy!  I have to thank my Cricut cutter and double stick tape for doing all the work for me and making my life soooo much easier!

I made these cupcake toppers for 1/3 of the cupcakes.  They ended up looking really cute on the cupcakes! 
I made the "Happy Birthday" banner that you can barely see in this picture...and I also made the two cupcake towers out of cans and cardboard circles. 
I also made these little containers out of some nut containers I had saved.  I used them for the plastic utensils.  
These cupcakes were the 2nd out of 3 different kinds.  They were little man's favorite ones because they had "cookies" on them!
These are the 3rd of the 3 types of cupcakes - mickey sugar decorations and mickey sprinkles.  These cupcakes were a new recipe "Cookies and Cream Cupcakes" (with a hidden Oreo in the bottom).  The recipe wasn't my favorite so I am not posting it but the idea was awesome!  I would think that you could put an oreo at the bottom of a regular box cake mix and get a similar result!  
Here are the invites again!
And the treat bags!
I may have gone a little over board on the party but it was sooo worth it!  I love to make people happy and I love to craft so this party was a success!  

3 comments:

  1. So cute!! Christeen would have loved it! She is a little obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Her favorite is "mimmie" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see all of this. I am working on Gwendolyn's party and I need all the help I can get. Still thinking we should be living near each other. I love the way everything turned out. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the invite is sooo cutee! great idea!

    ReplyDelete