"The more you trust and rely upon the spirit the greater your capacity to create!" - Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. As I increase my capacity to create, I would like to share what I am learning and how I am growing! I am a "spirit daughter of the most creative being in the universe", so I am learning now that I can create!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fluffy White Frosting

I know....2nd post of the day!  I am on a roll!  I am beginning my journey to become a cake decorator.  I do not plan on being an amazing one - just one that can decorate cakes that my kids will be proud of in future years.  My husband is loving the journey I am on because I make cupcakes to practice my skills on - so he has had a lot of cupcakes to eat!  (You would never be able to tell because he doesn't look like he has consumed many cupcakes.)  I found a recipe for fluffy white frosting on allrecipes.com and LOVE IT!!  It looks so pretty and even I could pull off some professional looking cupcakes!  I used the recipe below and the Wilton 1M decorator tip......Magic! (And it tastes like marshmallow cream.)

 Fluffy White Frosting

1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a saucepan, stir together the sugar, water and cream of tartar.  Cook over medium high heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is bubble.  In a medium mixing bowl, whip the egg whites and vanilla to soft peaks.  Gradually add the sugar mixture while whipping constantly until stiff peaks form, about 7 to 10 minutes.  Frost the cake of your choice.

(Some of the comments on the recipe says that it colors really well too!!!)  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment