"The more you trust and rely upon the spirit the greater your capacity to create!" - Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. As I increase my capacity to create, I would like to share what I am learning and how I am growing! I am a "spirit daughter of the most creative being in the universe", so I am learning now that I can create!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthdays and more Birthdays!

April is a big month for birthdays in our family and friends!  We have 2 siblings, 1 brother in law, 1 son, 1 grandma, and many friends who have birthdays all within a few weeks!!!  Needless to say birthdays are the main thing on my mind!  I have been slowly learning how to decorate cakes - I have learned that I don't have the steadiest hand, and that I can't write on cakes.  I guess slowly those will come!  My two friends have birthdays a day apart so I made them a cake for our girls night!  I am not creative so I copied a cake out of a Wilton Cake Decorating book - but I was impressed with how it turned out!!!  Pretty good for my first attempt (I am building my self up so that I will attempt it again)!
Now for the next Birthday - My little man is turning 2!  Here is a little preview of the things I have been working on for his party that is happening in about a week!!!
(These below are treat bags for the kiddos)
Now I have to decide if my self esteem is high enough for me to attempt a "Mickey" cake of some sort!!  

1 comment:

  1. So CUTE!!! Good work on the first cake; it really does look awesome. As do the things for Shaef's birthday! Man I wish I would have had some of your ideas when I did Collin's in December...

    ReplyDelete