"The more you trust and rely upon the spirit the greater your capacity to create!" - Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. As I increase my capacity to create, I would like to share what I am learning and how I am growing! I am a "spirit daughter of the most creative being in the universe", so I am learning now that I can create!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I can create: A Cute Halloween

Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. I guess the blood and gore of it all was never appealing to me! When I taught elementary school, I got sick of the kids coming as something "dead"! I found this cookbook/craft book thing at a book sale at my school that was 3 Halloween Idea Books in one - and most of the things in there were cute and not "dead" so I decided that I was going to enjoy the cute parts of Halloween! Here are some of the things that I have created (most of the ideas are not original so I will make sure I give credit where credit is due)...

This was an original idea. I save all my "trash" now and had a spare Kleenex box laying around so I turned it into this!
I left the hole in the top and it is now a candy jar box thingy!
A few friends and I got together to make this on what we call "Crafty Friday". The idea for the Monster Jars came from here.
On Saturday before the General Conference broadcast for my church, some friends and I got together to make these garbage bag wreaths! The great thing about them is you can use any color of garbage bags and spruce it up with whatever you want! The idea for the wreath came from here via my friend Kacey.
I love to sew and jumped at this idea! I think they turned out really cute and they were really easy! It helps that I have a mantle to display them on! The idea for the fabric pumpkins came from here.
So thank you to all the people who gave me ideas to help decorate my house "cute" for Halloween!
I learned a few things about myself with these projects:
1. When I craft - I like to take my time and stretch it out so that I don't make as many mistakes and so that I can have something to work on. When the craft is done - I have to find something else to do!
2. I love to sit and listen to peoples stories and conversations. Two of these projects were done in groups of women and I learned alot about these women and also learned from their experiences!
3. I am learning to love even Halloween because it is an opportunity for me to think of fun things to do with my Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment