"The more you trust and rely upon the spirit the greater your capacity to create!" - Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. As I increase my capacity to create, I would like to share what I am learning and how I am growing! I am a "spirit daughter of the most creative being in the universe", so I am learning now that I can create!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I can create: A love for reading!

In our home we LOVE books! My husband and I love to find a book we both want to read and read it out loud together. He is currently reading the Lord of the Rings series (on his own). I love to participate in book clubs and talk about the books I am reading. I am reading a book a month with my mom and sister, reading a book for a book club with friends, and reading books on my own. I will even find my son sitting on his floor looking at books. He also brings me books all the time to look at together. Every Tuesday (or Wednesday) my son and I go to Storytime and the library which we love. He usually does well sitting for the 20 minutes singing the songs and reading the stories. Plus he loves to hug George!

My dream is to have a room with walls of bookshelves that are full of books like this!

In college (at BYU) I spent alot of time at the library (studying of course). When you walk down the main stairs of the library, this scripture is on the wall.

D&C 88:118

118 And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.

I love this scripture because: 1) it tells us to read good books :) 2) it tells us to consistantly learn 3) it tells us to do it through study and faith. To me, this means that I do not have to know everything all the time but if I study and if I have faith, then I will find true words of wisdom!

I learn so much from books and from reading! I love how you can put yourself in the place of the characters and really feel what they are going through. I love how you can get sucked into a new world, with new challenges, and new adventures. I love learning about how characters deal with situations differently. I love thinking about things in different ways and stretching my mind to try to understand different ideas! I love reading! If you have any books that you love and can recommend let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Tennille - you are a darling and an inspiration. Such wonderful things that you are creating. Good for you~

    ReplyDelete