"The more you trust and rely upon the spirit the greater your capacity to create!" - Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. As I increase my capacity to create, I would like to share what I am learning and how I am growing! I am a "spirit daughter of the most creative being in the universe", so I am learning now that I can create!

Friday, October 29, 2010

I can create: A Festive Halloween Feast!

I moved across the country and was blessed with an instant friend who is alot like me (we even have kids close to the same age). She and I love to craft...we are a perfect pair! Every Wednesday a bunch of the wives with busy Law School husbands get together with our kids and eat! It gives our husbands extra study time or relaxation time. This past week, My friend Kacey and I teamed up to create a fun Halloween Feast. This was our email - invite!

SpOoKtAcUlAr DiNnEr BoO-nanza!

Who: Wives of the Dead! (and Little Monsters too!)
What: Haunting Halloween Feast
Where: The Haunted Mansion by the Lake of Doom (formerly known as Tennille's house, and in the words of Leesa, "If you don't know where it is then you're not invited!")
When: Vensday, October 27, 2010 - 5:30 pm
Why: Because when black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, May luck be yours on Halloween
How: Brought to you by...Your Ghost Hosts: Yecak and Ellinnet
R.S.V.P or R.I.P

Mystery Menu
Worms and Eyeballs
Mummy Dogs (for the Little Monsters)
Bones and Blood
Monster Jaws with Pumpkin Sludge and Toasted Batwings
Frankenstein's Garden
Spider Tartlets
Witches Brew


NOTE TO THE MORTALS:
The menu is planned
The food will be prepared
So just bring yourselves and make sure you're SCARED!
Here are some pictures of the food that we made! (The main course was spaghetti and meatballs which I do not have a picture of because who hasn't seen that before!)
Toasted Bat Wings

Monster Jaws Mummy Wrapped Cheese Dogs
Bones and Blood
Spider Tartlets
Thanks Kacey it was a blast!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! You guys are way creative. . . I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh you are sweet...i am SOOOO glad YOU moved in!!! What the heck would I do without you here!!!

    ReplyDelete