"The more you trust and rely upon the spirit the greater your capacity to create!" - Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. As I increase my capacity to create, I would like to share what I am learning and how I am growing! I am a "spirit daughter of the most creative being in the universe", so I am learning now that I can create!

Monday, November 22, 2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year....

I am having the toughest time getting into the Holiday Season this year. I think mostly it is due to the fact that I have never not had a “White Christmas” and I enjoy the nippy fall weather…..and lately I am playing tennis outside and sweating at 8:00 in the morning. Florida is a little Strange that way! There have only been a few things that have sparked a little light inside of me – 1)Christmas Crafts and 2) Sending out Christmas Cards.

You all know how much I love crafting so that one makes sense…but why be so excited about Christmas Cards? Well let me tell you why – This year I actually feel like we are doing something different and worth hearing about! J Plus I love getting mounds of mail at the end of the year full of cards telling me how blessed everyone has been over the past year – of just to see how people have changed over the past year! Growing up there were certain families that we looked forward to getting their card every year (I don’t remember if it was because of their amazingly good looking sons – or another reason J!) Especially being so far away from our friends and family, it is comforting knowing that those bonds will stay strong because we are Christmas Card buddies!

Usually I order Christmas Cards from Walmart, because they are the cheapest. They haven’t gotten new patterns in a few years….and I don’t want to repeat any of my favorite ones so I went looking somewhere else this year! This year we will be using Shutterfly. I found this company through a link on someone else’s blog and was pleasantly surprised. I am a huge fan of the designs with the bright colors and the ones with brown, light blue, and red........I really really love them both!

I am actually having a hard time choosing what card I want to pick but this is definitely a favorite (click here). I love the idea of sending "Warm Holiday Wishes"....from Florida! :) I also love this design (click here). And maybe if our pictures turn out extra good this year, I will choose this one (click here).

If I get ambitious then I will definitely be doing these calendars in the future: http://www.shutterfly.com/calendars

And love that you can get high quality pictures through them in an hour!

http://www.shutterfly.com/upload-pictures

Seriously check them out!

Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly… sign up:http://bit.ly/sfly2010

(Which is a huge blessing for us because on a tight budget...Christmas Cards were maybe not going to happen!)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! They ARE great! I love them. I've been using them for a few months now...well actually almost a year. Sorry I didn't share; my bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually thinking about your family the other day, and thinking how strange it would be to live in a place without snow and cold weather during the holiday season. (Even though I wish it would all go away after Christmas) I was thinking it might be hard to get into the spirit.

    But then I thought that the real reason for this time of year is to celebrate the birth of the Savior. And I don't need to snow to do that! :o)

    Thank you for sharing your amazing ideas and creations. You inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete